TalkTalk TV has supported Chromecast since it first launched in 2014. You will still be able to cast your rented and owned films and TV shows but now you’ll also be able to cast some of the channels that come with your Boosts and all catch-up content with the exception of Sky Cinema on-demand.
How do I get started?
You can buy a Chromecast device from most retailers that sell consumer tech. Once you have the device, you need to do the following:
- Plug your Chromecast into one of the HDMI slots of your TV (if your TV lacks HDMI slots, you will not be able to use Chromecast).
- Plug one end of the power cable into your Chromecast and the other into an available power socket. Though it’s technically possible to power a Chromecast from the USB slot in your TV, we’ve had numerous instances where this has not worked for customers.
- Follow the Chromecast set-up steps here.
- Once you’ve set-up Chromecast on your wireless network at home, connect your mobile device or PC/Mac to the same wireless network.
- Launch the app (or the Chrome browser in the case of PC/Mac).
- The cast icon will appear in the top right corner of the iOS or Android app. It appears in a similar place in the Chrome browser. If you don’t see it, check that you’re definitely on the same network as your Chromecast.
- Click on the cast icon and select the name of your Chromecast from the list. The icon changes state to show when it’s connected and your TV should show ‘Ready to cast’ and the TalkTalk TV logo onscreen.
- Now anything you play on iOS, Android or web will start playing on the TV.
What features does the app support?
Our Chromecast app supports the following features.
- Watch catch-up and live channels that come with your Boosts
- Watch your rented and owned films and TV shows
- Use your iOS and Android devices or web as a remote control for playback